Tuesday 9 July 2013

Keeping It Family - Sonic Panther Alliance


Here's something nice for the summer... My older brother's son has formed an energetic and versatile power trio called Sonic Panther Alliance. They are so young that their collective age is only just nudging past fifty:

Yes, I'm totally biased, but I think their sound is great - especially for a first recording. They reminded me of alternative rock bands that I used to enjoy a few years ago like Buffalo Tom and Minuteman.

After two decades of studying popular music culture, it's rather refreshing to have a rock singer songwriter in the family.

Apparently SPA are getting paid gigs around their native Buckinghamshire... Good luck Jamie, Jacob and of course Luke E. Duffett - we are all behind you.

... And readers, remember where you heard them first!